Unsolicited Bulk/Commercial Email / SPAM
The use of YRHost servers & networks to transmit unsolicited bulk/commercial email (also know as spam) is strictly forbidden. Under no circumstance is the transmission of spam acceptable or tolerated.
The transmission of spam from our servers & networks can cause irreparable monetary & reputation damage. All damages caused by spamming will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Any client caught explicitly spamming from our servers or networks will have their account immediately terminated & without notice.
GENERAL CONTENT RESTRICTIONS
- Adult content: Under no circumstance is adult content permitted on YRHost's servers or networks. All adult oriented pictures, videos, links, written content & similar is strictly prohibited. Should you require hosting for adult oriented content, please contact a host who specializes in this hosting realm.
- Chat applications: All interactive chat web applications are strictly prohibited on YRHost's servers. This includes but is not limited to chat applications written in PHP, Perl, CGI, Python, Ruby, etc. Any web application that provides 'real-time' chat is not permitted. The only acceptable chat medium are web based forums such as vBulletin or similar.
- Web applications & web accessible scripts: All web applications that are out of date & actively being exploited will be shut down immediately without notice. As a webmaster you should evaluate your web based applications & scripts on a regular basis to ensure they're secure & up to date.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) farms or similar are strictly forbidden on YRHost's servers and networks. SEO farms create undue strain and resource abuse on any given server and affect all clients.
- Files/Images/Scripts visible and accessible on your LIVE website can only be stored in your web hosting disk space.
GENERAL SERVICE RESTRICTIONS
The creation of a service such as hotmail (free email accounts), a service such as geocities (free web space), a service that provides free visitor counters / web stats, a service such as linkexchange.com (banner rotating / link exchanges) and similar services are not permitted under any circumstance.
The abovementioned services / web content create undue system load on our servers and should only be run in a dedicated server environment. All violations will be shut down immediately & may result in account suspension and/or termination.
RESOURCE USAGE RESTRICTIONS
Processes invoked by the web server, cron, shell or any other method should not exceed the following limitations:
- Consume more than 16 MBs of RAM.
- Utilize in excess of 15 seconds of CPU time.
- Number of open files should not exceed 64.
- Number of simultaneous processes should not exceed 5.
- Core dump files should not be created by scripts.
- Execute a script/binary that forks in a way to create a fork bomb.
- Send outbound mail to more than 25 recipients at any given time.
- All users are restricted to 15 concurrent database connections.
- Each database is restricted to 1,000 MBs of disk space for linux hosting and 100MBs for windows hosting
- Database queries should not exceed 500 per hour.
- Database changes (insert/update/delete) should not exceed 500 queries per hour.
- Database servers should not be used as a hosted solution. Database access should only be used for the web site hosted by YRHost.
- Total 250 ougoing emails per domain per hour for linux hosting.
- Total 60 ougoing emails per email account per hour for windows hosting.
- Maximum 25 cocurrent POP/SMTP/IMAP connection per IP address
- Total disk space per email account is limited to 1GB in windows hosting. (No such limits with linux hosting)
General misc. restrictions:
- The use/creation of more than 30,000 files within any given account.
- Single directories that contain more than 2,500 files.
- Simultaneous Apache and IIS connections in excess of 50.
- Files in excess of 10 MBs should not be sent via email.
- Use the find command recursively on directories more than 2 levels deep.
- All cron jobs must be 'niced' to 15 or greater.
- All cron jobs should not execute more than once every 15 minutes.
- Our servers should not be used as an SSH bounce point to other servers/networks.
The installation and/or execution of a script and/or binary that runs in the background or listens on a given port are strictly prohibited. If you require a bot, service, daemon or similar to run you should consider a dedicated server.
INODES Restrictions (Linux Hosting)
The use of more than 75,000 inodes on any shared hosting account and more than 1,50,000 inodes on reseller hosting account may potentially result in a warning first, and if no action is taken future account is suspended. Every file (a webpage, image file, email, etc) on your account uses up 1 inode.
Unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:
•High traffic forum website
•Money making websites
•Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
•Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
•Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
•File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
•Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
•High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
•Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
•Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
•Prime Banks Programs
•Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
•Sites promoting illegal activities
•Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
•Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
•Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
•Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
•Tell A Friend Scripts
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH POLICY
Failure to fully comply with these terms is grounds for account suspension and/or termination (with or without refund, subject to YRHost's discretion). All accounts and/or servers contained within YRHost's network must adhere to the above policies.
We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice. If we terminate your account for violating policy, you will forfeit your rights to a refund--and none will be given. No refunds for advanced payment.